We are very excited to announced that The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation is looking for a Development Director.
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation is the endowment arm of the premier children’s museum in our Southern Tier area – The Discovery Center.
The Foundation Development Director will supervise fundraising efforts for The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation as well as The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier in a manner that supports the missions of both organizations.
The part time Development Director position offers a flexible working arrangement, including a flexible schedule. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a supportive and dynamic team to make a difference in our community and the lives of children for years to come.
Salary is commensurate with education, skills, and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals CFRE or similar certification.
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience with at least 3 years in major gifts fundraising role.
- Experience in event fundraising; knowledge of planned giving.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing development strategies and plans.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar data base system.
- The Development Director will possess the ability to identify, cultivate and foster relationships with donors; write grants, proposals, and financial request letters; and creatively secure funds needed for endowment growth from all sources, including planned and major gifts. These sources include but are not limited to: individuals, foundations, corporate, and government sources.
The Development Director will be responsible for:
- Specific activities that result in the significant growth of the Endowment Fund of The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation fund balance.
- Coordinating all efforts and fostering a sense of collaboration with The Foundation Board, the Discovery Center’s Executive Director and the Discovery Center Board, and setting realistic goals that do not conflict.
To apply for this job, please send your resume to:
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation
PO Box 2 Binghamton NY 13903
Any questions? Contact Nancy Hargrave at email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE
Our Golf FORE Good Mini Golf Fundraiser at The Oakdale Mall will held in the fall. It’s all teeing off October 13th-15th. We’ll have a Halloween theme, with fun and spooky surprises—so get your costumes ready! If you have a group that would like to support our efforts by volunteering during the event, please give us a call at 607-222-5616 and leave your name.
All about The FOUNDATION
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation works to empower the future of that magical institution-The Discovery Center. We’re the Plan for Our Tomorrows board! The Foundation of the Discovery Center of the Southern Tier carefully invests monies, provides an annual allotment to The Discovery Center for special projects, and supplies scholarship funding to Discovery Kids Pre-School families in need.
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation, Inc. is committed to ensuring the long-term financial stability of The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier, a hands-on children’s museum. We will position it for the future so our children,grandchildren and their grandchildren will discover for themselves the joy of learning.
Discovery Center of the Southern Tier Foundation Board Members
Nancy Hargrave –President,
Sarah Grace Campbell-Vice President,
MaryAnn Cerretani, Nikki Corgel-Secretary,
Chris Demtrak, MD –Treasurer
Martine Akel Bordages,Margaret Pokey Crocker-Emeritus, James Fountaine, Sandra Guy,
Nancy Heichemer, Carole Hillis, Douglas Johnson,
Judith Miller, Libby O’Connor, Karen Sweet-O’Neill, Stephanie Reeve,
Abbey Hendrickson-Executive Director