Substitute Teacher Positions
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks substitutes for our preschool, pre-kindergarten, and after school programs. Substitutes are asked to assist in the implementation of educational programs a classroom setting for either 3-4 year old, 4-5 year old, or school aged children. In this role, you will assist the lead teacher of the program with lessons and provide oversight for the safety of the children.
The ideal candidate will be creative, have an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and an understanding of issues that may arise with young children.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience working with children less than 13 years of age.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in an Education field.
- 2+ years of experience in working with children.
- $9.00 /hour
- As needed- Positions vary on date and times available. (In general, shifts are 8:30am-11:30am, 11:30am-2:45pm, 3pm-6pm)
- Please send an updated resume, cover letter, 3 professional references to DRyan@TheDiscoveryCenter.org
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.