Human Resources Consultant (Generalist)
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks a Human Resources Consultant. In this role, you will act as an advisor to senior management, analyze the Museum’s current HR programs, and recommend and help implement HR policies, procedures, and programs.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive disposition, be able to manage a work load of competing priorities, and be a team player while maintaining confidentiality, discretion and integrity.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Implement and administer employee policies and programs to enhance and improve the employee experience.
• Provide high-quality advice and assistance to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Responsible for completing other HR related projects and duties as assigned.
This 6-month temporary position is part-time, nonexempt and reports to the Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience working in Human Resources management.
• Thorough knowledge of HR management including Federal and State employment law.
• Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
• High level of professionalism and discretion.
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
Please email an updated resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.