Summer Camp Lead Teacher – The Discovery Center
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks a Lead Teacher for our Discovery Kids Summer Camp Program. Teachers will be responsible for preparing and delivering quality instruction and programming, supervising campers, preparing lesson plans and supply lists, communicating with parents regarding campers’ experiences, maintaining licensing standards and rules, and supporting the Education Director and staff to improve health, safety, and happiness of campers.
The ideal candidate will be creative, have an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, have superior problem-solving skills and the ability to relate with campers, staff, and parents.
- Associate’s degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field
- School-age child care credential or other office recognized credential specific to the school-age developmental period AND one year experience working with children less than 13 years of age
- High School Diploma or its equivalent AND two years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Education field
- 3+ years of experience in working with children less than 13 years of age
- Camp employment experience
- Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM (July 8 – August 23) – flexible schedule! Additional hours may be available.
- This position is nonexempt and reports to the Director of Education
- Please send an updated resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to the summer camp coordinator, Heather Ryan, at email@example.com
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.