The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks a Museum Educator to develop, implement, and teach all 15-minute and 1-hour school programs for school age children both on and off site. Additionally, the Museum Educator will be responsible for the development and execution of the annual summer camp programs. The Museum Educator will be responsible for Discovery Kids Preschool lunch supervision on an as needed basis.
The Museum Educator will work with the Director of Exhibits and Programs to identify potential public programming opportunities, and assist in the development and implementation of such programs.
Additionally, the Museum Educator will work to evaluate the efficiency and profitability of current public programs.
The ideal candidate will be creative, have an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and an understanding of issues that may arise with adolescent children. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have proven experience in planning activities for and management of a primary classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field
A minimum of nine (9) completed credit hours in education-related courses
Child Development Associate credential or other related credential specific to the preschool development period plus one year experience related to caring for children
- Knowledge of lesson planning, development and implementation
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- 2+ years of curriculum development
- $13.00 per hour
- 30 hours per week, plus additional hours may be available as needed
- This position is nonexempt and reports to the Director of Education
- Please send an updated resume, cover letter, 3 professional references to APaterson@TheDiscoveryCenter.org
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.